Amy Ford, firstname.lastname@example.org
McAdams Public Library is a branch of the Craighead County Jonesboro Public Library and is a member of Crowley Ridge Regional Library System. This 2000 square foot library was dedicated March 18, 1996. It had previously been located in the old Lake City Courthouse for 50 years.
It was called "Lake City Library" and was first organized on September 24, 1946. Some of the older citizens recall it being located in a small room at the southeast corner of the courthouse. The first books were donated by the public. Later it was moved across the hall to a larger room, where it remained until this new building was finished.
Mr. Herbert McAdams, Jr. donated the land at the corner of Milo St. and Cobean Blvd. for the new facility, which was named in honor of Mr. McAdams and his family.